Sandeep Chitkara is a FIDE Online GrandMaster, FIDE Instructor, FIDE Arbiter, Ex National University Champion & founder of Genius Chess Academy. He had a peak International (FIDE) rating of 2160 with 27 years playing and training experience at State & National level.
He is MA Political Science and very sincere and hardworking teacher for advanced players. He is favourite among his students for his coaching methods and techniques. Sandeep has more than 20 years of experience as a chess coach in reputed schools of Delhi. He has organised more than 200 tournaments for Schools, Colleges, Academies and State level.
Under his tutelage more than 2000 students has been trained.
Grandmaster Vaibhav Suri, IM Rishi Sardana, WIM Vantika Agrawal & FM Harshal Shahi were few of his students. He was also associated with World Youngest Grandmaster Parimarjan Negi for some time. He has been associated with many top players who are playing at National level and also representing the country at International level.
Achievements as a Coach:
- Coach of Commonwealth Silver Medalist at World Youth Chess Championship, Greece
- Coached rated player of Delhi Anishka Vikram, Silver Medalist at Commonwealth Under 8 Championship 2015 and played well in World Under 8 Girls Championship 2015
- Coached Under 18 World Championship Bronze Medallist, Ex Asian School Champion and Common Wealth Champion GM Vaibhav Suri
- Associated with World Youngest Grandmaster Parimarjan Negi
- Coached Open Rating Tournaments Winner IM Rishi Sardana
- Coached India’s Youngest Ever Rated Player, Asian Champion, Commonwealth Silver Medalist and Ex National U-9 Champion FM Harshal Shahi
- Coached World Under 14 Girls Bronze Medallist 2015 & National Under 13 Girls Silver Medallist WIM Vantika Agrawal
- DPS, NOIDA and Amity International School, Noida won and secured good positions in many tournaments
- Modern School, Humayun Road school team won twice Delhi State Inter School Under 10 Championship and also won many big tournaments and considered as the toughest junior team in Northern India
- DPS, Mathura Road won many tournaments at State and National level
- K R Mangalam World School, GK II won North Zone CBSE Under 14 Open and secured 3rd position in Under 19 Open Chess Tournament
- Produced many rated players from C R Park Academy like Nirvaan Bharany, Arhaan Jain, Vinayak Seth, Meharjot Singh, Agamjot Singh, Saanya Mahesh, Shruti Kakar, Saurav Agarwal and many more
- Mahima Gupta won Delhi State Under 11 Girls Championship
- Saideep Ganesh won Delhi State Under 11 Open Championship
- Ananya Bagla won Delhi State U-12 Rapid Girls Championship
- Arush Jain came first in Delhi State U-9 Championship
- Aansh Gupta was runner-up in Delhi State U-7 Championship
- K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K. II came 2nd in Delhi State Inter-School U-19 Chess Championship
- Uday Dhawan got 2nd position in Delhi State Under 7 Chess Championship
- Priyam Chaliha won Gold In Under 12 Rapid Delhi State & Bronze in Delhi State Under 13 Girls Rapid Championship
- Mahima Gupta won the Delhi State Under 11 Girls Chess Championship 2006.
- Coached many colleges like SRCC, LSR, Zakir Husain, Dayal Singh, Hansraj which won and secured good positions in many tournaments
- Coach of Delhi University from 2000-2004
Achievements as a Player
- Represented India at South Asian Chess Championship 2016 and placed in merit list
- Represented Delhi in National Rapid-Blitz, National Team Championship & National 'B' Tournaments
- Got Delhi Best Player Award in Delhi International Open Chess Tournament in 2017, 2018 and 2020
- Got first rating of 2134 in year 2002 (peak 2160)
- Winner of All India Universities Chess Championship
- Won Inter-College Chess Championship four times
- Played and secured good positions in many international tournaments
- Represented Delhi University four times in the All India Universities Chess Championship and secured 1st, 6th, 12th and 20th positions respectively
- Won and secured good positions in many tournaments at state & national level
- Won many Open tournaments and some at Botwinnik Chess Academy
- Won more than 50 tournaments in last 10 years, and secured top 3 positions in another 100 tournaments